Capture Business units
Adding a Business unit:
Select Business units in the Navigation menu, right-click and select ‘Add Business unit’ or click ‘Add’ at the top right of the Main screen.
Create the Business unit with at least the name that you enter in the Name field. It is possible to change the name afterwards. Business units can be regions, departments, or any other type of organizational division. Give the Business unit a clear and unique name. The names of the Business units must be recognizable to Users.
Add more information and save when you are done using the ‘Save’ button at the top left:
- Fill in the Description, For example, the Process guide with click grid can be placed here.
- Add Remarks, for example as standard text. This text will be visible for all new Business units to be created. For example, as a reminder of agreements made with regard to what will be recorded. When you enter and save text here and add new Business units, this text is initially displayed and can also be deleted there.
- The Revision field automatically shows the save date and time.
- With Valid until you indicate when the content of the object must be reviewed. Comm’ant automatically assigns the current date plus one year to this field. This date can be changed if the period of validity ends on another date. Passing the date will not change the display. An overview of the objects whose date is about to expire or have expired can easily be created via a report.
- The Validated checkbox ensures that the newly created object is validated. If this box is not checked, the object will keep the encoding ‘Not validated’ in the system. The advantage of this is that you can make an extra check on your recent additions in Comm’ant. You can generate an overview based on the status ‘Not validated’ to show all changes and then go through them again, reviewing them for consistency and correctness before validating them. Validate the object by ticking the checkbox.
After saving, you have the option to complete the Business unit with connections to other objects: Documents/Links and Groups. These can be existing or new objects. Existing objects are displayed in the links boxes. You can create new objects right here via the plus sign at the top of the connect boxes. It is possible to disconnect existing connections using the red unlink icon:
- When you link the new Business unit to Documents, you add links to files or shortcuts. Select an existing document or create a new one.
- When you link the new Business unit to a Group, it will be displayed in the Navigation menu in the folder of this Group, otherwise you will find the Business Unit in the folder ‘Not classified’. A Business unit can be placed in several groups.
Note: The changes in the text and date fields are not saved until you click the ‘Save’ button, other changes such as creating or deleting links via the links boxes are immediately updated; it is not necessary to save it explicitly.